High Speed Rail Line between Madrid-Extremadura-Portuguese Border. Section: Calera y Chozas - Oropesa
“Significant improvement for citizens when traveling”
The works on the high speed platform will result in a significant improvement for those traveling by train. Journey time will be dramatically reduced when it begins to operate.
Azierta has been awarded the development of the construction project for the High Speed Rail Line between Madrid-Extremadura –Portuguese Border. Section: Madrid – Oropesa.
The construction project defines the works required for the construction of the platform for the section between Calera y Chozas and Oropesa (Toledo). It starts at the municipality of Calera y Chozas, at Kilometer Point 105+229 of the line and ends in the municipality of Oropesa, at kilometer point 119+229 of the line. The project will be a significant improvement for citizens when traveling. Journey times will be dramatically cut with the use of high speed infrastructures.
The project includes a solution for the crossing of the new route with the current railway line between Madrid-Valencia de Alcántara at kilometer point 119+021, thus ensuring train operations for the duration of the works.
- Seven (7) cross drainage works.
- Eight (8) overpasses over 20 m long. •Two (2) design pergolas over highway A-5.
- One (1) viaduct (25 m long) on the works 7.42.
- Specific hydraulic works such as channeling of streams of water (Km point 110+330).
- Laying of over 149,000 m3 of ballast.
- Environmental study to integrate the works in the environment under study.
- Noise and archeological surveys in the area. Analysis of correction measures.
- Earthworks: Clearing:
- 680 m3.
- Embankment: 820,000 m3
- Design of the pooling system and railway infrastructure station.
- Railway communication instruments and facilities.
- Calculations and designs of service networks including lighting, telephone and communication services (over 2,000 m of ditches and wiring plus supplementary facilities).